Our purpose built, and well lit, Modelmaking studio is divided into three separate areas, one for each year group. Students share pupose built workstations with mains power, lighting and storage space.
Specialist areas are available within the studio for photography, presentations, digital scanning and group seminars. Central to the course is a purpose built computer suite and ‘makerspace’ housing up to date software and hardware.
3D laser scanning, digitising, sewing machines, digital photography and video equipment are all available to use in the studio and can be signed out for use elsewhere.
Basic modelmaking materials are included within the course fee. They are kept in our material stores and are available to all modelmaking students. On enrolment, all professional modelmaking tools are available to buy, at cost, to ensure that every student has the right basic tools for their study.
- Our strong team of ex-industry professionals is supplemented by visiting creative industry specialists.
- Modelmakers have a dedicated studio in addition to shared workshop resources, which is important for personal development and a sense of ‘place’.
- You’ll find a strong community spirit and active studio culture.
- You’ll be able to use the well-resourced 3D workshops to support your studio work.
- A computer suite gives you the chance to integrate digital solutions into the way you work.