Due to the wide range of practices in contemporary art the course is broad-based in nature and operates a flexible studio policy, adapting to the changing character of each incoming cohort, resourcing the studios accordingly.
In addition, we offer a ‘setting up area’ to encourage students to build larger structures, work with clay and plaster, and stretch canvases in a dedicated environment.
In your first year you will in a mixed practise studio space with your fellow first years.
In your second and third year, you decide where to locate yourself within one of our specialist practice zones.
- The staff team are all practising artists and researchers in a variety of disciplines and media.
- Technician-demonstrators manage our resources and advise on technical issues.
- Visiting tutors and regular talks from guest artists bring a diversity of expertise.
- You’ll work in our large purpose-built studios. The stimulating environment accommodates all types of practice including sculpture, performance, video, film, painting and drawing.
- You will have access to wet and dry and colour darkroom facilities.
- You can use shared workshops for 3D work and printmaking.
- Our computer room houses Apple Macs with software for video editing and image manipulation.