‘Who Are You?’ the creative competition from The Arts University Bournemouth and JCDecaux that promises to supersize winners’ artwork on giant billboards around the country has announced its creative line-up of judges for the first time.
With all the judges hailing from the creative industries, entrants to the competition are going to get their work seen by a plethora of industry experts. Judges include:
Morag Myerscough, the multi-award winning designer and Founder and Director of the influential Studio Myerscough, who confirmed she would be on the panel commenting ‘This is another great project.’
Rhea Thierstein, Set Designer and an alumnus of the Commercial Photography course at the AUB. Rhea has created sets, costume and props for Mulberry, Bombay Sapphire and American, British and Italian Vogue amongst others. She was also the Art Director for Jessie J’s ‘Price Tag’ video.
- Gavin Lucas, Senior Writer from Creative Review Magazine
- Urban Artist Soap, who has previously created a billboard for the AUB, and who has created portraits for Ed Sheeran; Florence and the Machine; and Rhianna amongst others
- Jono Hilt from Karamarama, the fastest growing creative agency in the UK Top 25
- Nick Mustoe, the Managing Director of Kindred, a Full Service Creative Agency
- Professor Jim Hunter, Deputy Principal of The Arts University Bournemouth and a practicing artist
- Simon Pride, Head of Marketing and Communications at The Arts University Bournemouth
- Janet Guest, PR Manager from JCDecaux, the leading outdoor advertising company
The competition, which challenges 16-18 year olds throughout the UK to demonstrate their creative talent when answering the brief ‘Who Are You?’, aims to highlight and nurture the creative talent of young artists across the nation by offering them a giant showcase for their work as the winning entries will get their work supersized on 50 billboards across the country.
Simon Pride, Head of Marketing and Communications at the AUB said, ‘We believe that the project demonstrates our commitment to giving young designers and artists the very biggest platform for their future development. And you can’t get much bigger than a 48 sheet billboard.’
Deadline for entries to this competition is on Friday 9th March 2012. For more information or to download a brief please visit our Facebook page.