- To reduce CO2e emissions per head by 40% by 2020 against 2005/6 baseline.
- To reduce m3 water used per head.
- A new Carbon Management Plan (CMP) was developed in 2018.
- We’ve met and superseded our CO2e emission target ahead of deadline.
- We’ve recorded reliable and accurate data for water consumption as we’re aiming to establish a new baseline and target.
Climate change – Higher Education sector
The Higher Education sector target is a 43% reduction of CO2e emissions by 2020 against a 2005/6 baseline.
The new CMP takes us through to 2021 – in anticipation of a potential new sector target being announced in 2020. Some of the projects we’re working on include:
- Installing LED lighting across the campus
- Upgrading the Building Management System
- Reviewing the North Building heating/water system
- …and many other initiatives.
Display Energy Certificates (DEC)
DECs are displayed at the entrance to each building. This gives a general overview of the energy efficiency of each building.