You are using an outdated browser. Most of this website should still work, but after upgrading your browser it will look and perform better.
- A new Carbon Management Plan (CMP) was developed in 2018.
- We’ve met and superseded our CO2e emission target ahead of deadline.
- We’ve recorded reliable and accurate data for water consumption as we’re aiming to establish a new baseline and target.
Climate Change - Higher Education Sector
The Higher Education sector target is a 43% reduction of CO2e emissions by 2020 against a 2005/6 baseline.
The new CMP takes us through to 2021 – in anticipation of a potential new sector target being announced in 2020. Some of the projects we’re working on include:
- Installing LED lighting across the campus
- Upgrading the Building Management System
- Reviewing the North Building heating/water system
- …and many other initiatives
Display Energy Certificates (DEC)
DECs are displayed at the entrance to each building. This gives a general overview of the energy efficiency of each building.