Our Academic Travel Bursaries are open in the first instance to support subject-specific, study focused travel activity overseas (both within and outside the EU)* which does not have to be with AUB partner institutions.
how to apply
To apply, simply download an application form here.
Application Deadline: Friday April 30th.
All applications will be subject to consideration by a selection panel. Activities supported through Academic Travel Bursaries will normally only be considered if they take place outside the academic term. Level 6 students are not eligible to undertake travel following the end of the summer term under this programme.
- Only applications using the official AUB application form will be considered.
- Applications must provide a description (not exceeding two sides of A4) of the proposed travel and its relationship to the individual’s undergraduate studies, describing how the intended travel will enhance skills and knowledge, and detailing its potential to enhance the reputation of the university, and/or course.
- Applications must show a budget detailing the costs of the proposed travel, and must show how your own resources will match, or add to, the funding provided.
- All activity relating to Academic Travel Bursaries must be completed with twelve calendar months of approval.
- Recipients of bursaries will be required to consent to the release of details relating to the activity undertaken using the bursary for press and publicity purposes.
- Successful applicants will be required to sign an agreement to evidence their consent to abide by the terms and conditions of the bursary.
- The decision of the selection panel and trustees is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
AUB Travel Bursaries are not available for the following:
- Projects which only benefit the individual, and show no potential for wider benefit or reputational enhancement for the university/course.
- Joint projects – where funding is requested for more than one project member
- Volunteering – unless solely relating to arts or media focused activity
- Degree placements within the academic year
- To cover Student Grants or Loans
- To fund International students to return to their country of residence
Awards for both programmes are normally limited to a maximum of £500 although larger sums can be awarded in exceptional circumstances. A portion of the bursary is retained pending the receipt of a report of the travel project, or exchange, to be submitted within one calendar month of completion.
Receipts providing evidence of travel must be provided. The Trustees reserve the right to require repayment of all monies, if evidence of misrepresentation or fraudulent claims comes to light.
You can read more about our travel bursaries here.
*Excludes the United Kingdom.