Will I have to pay for the course?
Whether you pay tuition and exam registration fees will depend upon your age on 31st August of the year that your course commences:
- If you are under 19 and a new student, you will not have to pay tuition fees or exam registration fee.
- If you are over 19 and a new student, the tuition fee for the course in 2019/20 will be £5,421 (full time) per annum.
- If you are a Channel Island or Isle of Man student you will have to pay tuition fees and exam registration fee. Our Channel Islands & Isle of Man Fees page will provide you with specific details.
- If you are an international student you will have to pay tuition fees and exam registration fee. Our International Fees page will provide you with specific details.
Can I get a loan?
- If you are under 19 you will not be eligible for a student loan as this course is classified as further education.
- If you are 19 and over you may be able to apply for a loan to fund these fees and there are no upfront tuition fees to pay for these students. This could be funded by Advanced Learning Loans, information can be found on the GOV.UK website.
Please be aware there is no maintenance loan available for Further Education Applicants. The Advanced Learner Loan will only cover tuition fees.
Students may be eligible for additional funding or bursaries, please see the funding section.
Are there any additional costs?
The resources used on arts, design or media courses are extensive and can be quite expensive.
The Registration and Material/Resources fees for the Foundation Diploma 2019/20 are:
|Exam Registration Fee||Material/Resources fee|
|UK/EU under 19||Not applicable||£300|
|UK/EU 19 and over||£140||Not applicable|
|Overseas and Islands||£140||Not applicable|