‘One Piece of Advice’ is an Alumni project for the next generation of creatives.
Some of the brightest AUB Alumni, Honorary Fellows and community have offered up their ‘One Piece of Advice’ to those starting out in the creative industries.
A Creative Careers Evening
Five Alumni joined us for A Creative Careers evening last November, they shared their stories of how they started their careers in the creative industries. We heard from:
- Josh and Jamie, BA (Hons) Graphic Design
- Kym Cox, BA (Hons) Photography
- Nebra Jamali, BA (Hons) Acting
- Rachel DiBiaso BA (Hons) Fine Art
One Piece of Advice magazine celebrates the great things that AUB alumni go on to make, think and do.
Among their stories, you’ll find their advice to future creatives. They tell us what they’ve learned by making mistakes, taking a different path and most importantly of all – persisting with what they love.
You can download Issues 1 – 4 here:
- Issue 1 features Bob and Roberta Smith, Jimmys Iced Coffee, Giles Duley, Karen Fuchs and Sir Peter Cook
- Issue 2 features Twinks Burnett, Velo Domestique, Morag Myerscough and Kevin Leslie
- Issue 3 includes Liv and Dom, Kiran Tasneem and Dan Broadbent
- Issue 4 has interviews with Hattie and Flora, The Basket Room and Professor Paul Wenham-Clarke
You can take a look at our magazine features here.
If you are Alumni, update your details here to receive future communications from us.
Listen to exclusive inspirational talks, lectures and interviews from the creative community on the ‘One Piece of Advice’ podcast.
- 001 – War Photographer Giles Duley | iTunes / Soundcloud
- 002 – Special makeup effects artist Nick Dudman | iTunes / Soundcloud
- 003 – Photographer Andy J Ryan | iTunes / Soundcloud
- 004 – Actor and Director Doug Cockle | iTunes / Soundcloud
- 005 – Artist and Co-Founder of Paper Cinema Imogen Charleston | iTunes / Soundcloud