Help us create a great first impression of AUB by becoming a student ambassador. You’ll be part of an enthusiastic team, learn skills that add real value to your CV, and we’ll even pay you.
What do student ambassadors do?
Recruit and inspire the next generation of AUB students! You’ll be part of a team that welcomes different groups and gives them an insight to life at AUB. We ask you to take part in at least three duties a year including:
- Take prospective students and their parents on campus tours.
- Help out at Open Days – where you could be doing anything from greeting visitors to running workshops.
- Act as a host to groups from visiting schools.
- Represent AUB at UK careers and recruitment fairs. Meet and inspire future students – and have a chat with teachers too.
- Support TheGallery with the delivery of events and Schools workshops
Most ambassadors enjoy it enough to do far more than three duties. We may also ask you to visit local schools or schools further afield. If you have to travel, we sort out the transport and accommodation.
Most of the activities are on weekdays between 9 and 5, except for Open Days, which take place on weekends between June-December.
- Saturday 17 June – Open Day
- Thursday 29 & Friday 30 June – Graduation
- Saturday 30 September – Open Day
- Saturday 14 October – Open Day
- Saturday 4 November – Open Day
- Saturday 2 December – Open Day
Why become a student ambassador?
Working as a student ambassador adds value to your CV. We’ll give you training in the presentation and communication skills employers often look for. The role is sociable too – working as a team is a great way to get to know new people. We will also pay you £7.65 an hour.
What sort of person are we looking for?
We’re looking for friendly and enthusiastic ambassadors who are keen to share their knowledge of AUB. Someone who is reliable, punctual and able to work as part of a team are just a few of the things we look for during the assessment process.
When can you apply?
Applications to become a Student Ambassador will open in April 2017.
Recruitment for Foundation and MA students will be in September. If you are a Foundation student staying on to do a BA and would like to continue to be a Student Ambassador please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.