While with us, there’s no reason to stop learning. We’re firm supporters of developing artistic and professional skills, so we offer:
- Staff Development support – financial support for staff to obtain qualifications and pursue continual professional development opportunities
- Access to specialist library services
- Research support – academic posts
- Contribution to professional membership fees
- Discounted places for staff on AUB’s Short Courses
SUPPORTING STAFF RESEARCH
We’re makers at heart, but investing in learning, teaching and research is incredibly important to us, too. Over 50% of our research outputs were considered to be world-leading or internationally excellent by REF 2014, and it’s not hard to see why. The Black Mirror research network originated here on campus and we count Higher Education Academy members and a National Teaching Fellow among our staff.
The AUB campus is home to MoDiP – the only accredited museum in the UK to focus on plastics. They’re hosting a symposium on plastics on campus this year. TheGallery at AUB bolsters our research activity, too. Its text+work publications provide an academic narrative alongside exhibitions.