Animation is everywhere, from the classic Disney fairytale to the quirky Aardman comedy and the dynamic Pixar blockbuster.
But it starts right here with traditional 2D animation drawing, where fundamental skills of drawing and painting underpin the development of animation production in all its forms: hand-drawn, stop-motion and CGI.
Our illustrious alumni at Pixar, Lucasarts and Aardman testify to the success of our Creative Skillset accredited curriculum and production-based environment. Students work together in teams to develop their personal portfolios and produce award-winning graduate films.
Visiting industry practitioners and opportunities for industry placements prepare the aspiring animater to enter a professional world of film, commercials and video games production.
We’ll give you skills to shape the future of the industry. The animation revolution starts here – Join the Movement!
YOU MAY CHOOSE TO COMPLETE YOUR DEGREE IN ONE OF THE FOLLOWING NAMED AWARDS:
- BA (Hons) Animation Production (2D Animation)
- BA (Hons) Animation Production (CG Animation)
- BA (Hons) Animation Production (Stop Motion Animation)
- BA (Hons) Animation Production (Visual Development for Animation)
Experts and Excellent Resources
- You’ll be taught by experts with real experience of the animation industry.
- We have regular visits from industry specialists who share their work and their experiences, run workshops and masterclasses and spend time with students.
- Students from all years work together to simulate the real world industry experience of talking ideas through and supporting each other.
- The course has its own large computer suite network with specialist software and a bespoke renderfarm.
This course is accredited by Creative Skillset.
We are pleased that the AUB has achieved Candidate Member Status for CILECT (The International Association of Film and TV Schools)