‘Made in Britain’ is a label sought after throughout the world. The UK textile industry offers graduates an opportunity to work with businesses that range from fashion to interiors. On this course you’ll learn practical, professional and entrepreneurial skills that equip you to work as part of a team, or even set up your own business.
Traditional skills and a modern outlook
The syllabus is a broad reaching creative study of the discipline and its applications including: surface print, stitch embellishment, dyeing and mixed media construction. You’ll have the chance to focus on a variety of specialist areas, including textiles for fashion, textiles for interiors and textiles as design/crafts.
Traditional skills are taught together with expertise in design development, production and contemporary invention. Whether you go on to work for a retail brand or an international design house, we will prepare you for the challenges the creative textile industry holds.
- 3 Year Degree
- 2-4 week work placement
- Trips to Paris, Florence, Barcelona or New York
- Digital fabric printers and laser cutting machinery
Career Destinations & Alumni
- Freelance Textile Designer - Haberdashery Ltd (a bespoke design studio)
- Self-Employed Designer/Maker
- Hallmark Prize for 2013 Wrap and Card Collection – Winner
- Selvedge Magazine Scarf Competition- Winner
- Course duration
- 3 Years Full Time
- UCAS Code
- Institution Code
- Home/EU Fees
- £9,000 per annum
Contact admissions on +44 1202 363228