Some of the world’s leading photographers such as Nick Knight started their careers at the Arts University. Their influence on contemporary culture is one of the things you’ll study on this fascinating and creative course. You’ll mix theory and research with practical work to get a rounded view of photography and it’s place in society.
We believe it’s vital you learn to express your individual creativity to achieve your personal ambitions. We encourage you to take risks and be open-minded about the possibilities.
Express yourself and discover a world of options
You’ll look at historical and critical approaches to photography and face the challenge of putting your own work in a critical context. Our expert tutors will give you a rich understanding of photography and how it fits within our visual culture.
As you learn, you will discover how your expertise can lead to a broad range of professional opportunities. Our graduates have enjoyed careers in many areas of photography both in the UK and abroad. They have gone on to work as freelance photographers and assistants, artists, curators, teachers, art therapists, writers, filmmakers, web designers, and more.
- 3 Year Degree
- Six weeks work experience each academic year
- New York, Moscow, Krakow, Amsterdam or Berlin
- Wet and Dry Black and White darkrooms, 5 Studios, Digital Suite and Analogue Colour Suite with 12 Darkrooms
- Accredited by Creative Skillset
Career Destinations & Alumni
Director – Oblong Gallery, London
- RELAYS Volunteer Award – Outstanding Contribution to Cultural Legacy in the South West
- Association of Photographers Student Awards - Nominations
This course is accredited by Creative Skillset.
- Course duration
- 3 Years Full Time
- UCAS Code
- Institution Code
- Home/EU Fees
- £9,000 per annum
Contact admissions on +44 1202 363228