Year 1 is all about experimentation as you are introduced to the notion of Illustration and all its diversity.
- You’ll learn the technical skills used by illustrators and gain an understanding of the breadth of the subject.
- You’ll look at the ways in which illustrators have worked in the past and how they work now.
- You’ll explore many aspects of ideas generation, problem solving for clients, 2D digital imaging, visualizing ideas, manipulation of text and various approaches to drawing.
In Year 2 the emphasis is on exploration of illustration concepts, contexts and audiences.
- You’ll develop your practice by interpreting texts, investigating the notion of the narrative and working with screen-based outcomes to a broad range of audiences.
- Your practice will become increasingly self-initiated in terms of subject and choice of approach i.e. the handmade, print or screen based.
- You’ll be encouraged to push the boundaries of your practice and will have opportunity to engage in both cross-course collaboration and external opportunities, thereby preparing you for Level 6 study.
Year 3 is about innovation, application and experience in the real world.
- You’ll be encouraged to manage your own learning and work independently.
- Your final major projects will focus on your own particular concerns and passions as an illustrator and may be linked to an outside client.
- You will have the opportunity to show your work to our well-established industry links thereby getting essential feedback prior to graduating.
- We will support you in developing a sound understanding of illustration as it is practiced in the creative industries across a range of media platforms.
Study is divided across taught hours, studio and/or work environment time, and independent study. Excellent professional and technical support is available and students are encouraged to experiment and work collaboratively on self-initiated projects. We expect students to spend an average of 40 hours per week on their studies, although it is likely that these hours will vary throughout the academic year.
- Course duration
- 3 Years Full Time
- UCAS Code
- Institution Code
- Home/EU Fees
- £8,600 per annum
Contact admissions on +44 1202 363228