Illustration is a way of seeing and understanding the world. Through a variety of techniques, traditional and digital, you’ll discover how to connect with different audiences. Our Illustration graduates have gone on to work with publishers, animators, creative agencies or digital businesses – and many go on to enjoy success as independent illustrators.
There are no rules in illustration. On this course you’ll explore the excitement of blurring boundaries between contemporary disciplines. You’ll challenge and interrogate the way we think about imagery and style.
Explore creativity and work on live briefs
In our creative studio environment, you’ll learn to experiment, test and develop your work. You can explore drawing, painting and printmaking, as well as photographic, digital, video and interactive media. As part of your work experience you’ll have the chance to work on ‘live’ project briefs for businesses.
You’ll be able to enter competitions, exhibit in London shows, and work closely with other students to form illustration collectives. Our tutors will help you develop into a confident individual with the skills and ideas needed to make a success of your career within the creative industries.
- 3 Year Degree
- Trips to Prague, Amsterdam or Barcelona
- Multi-use studio spaces, specialist print areas, a wet area for paint-based and print-based work
- Exchanges with Kyoto University in Japan
Career Destinations & Alumni
- Freelance Illustrator working for Carluccios, Marks and Spencer’s and Jamie Oliver
- Senior Interactive developer – Qwiki, New York
- Motion Designer – Channel 4
- Freelance Illustrator working for Waitrose, Penguin Books and The Independent
- Macmillan Prize Childrens Picture Book Illustration - Second Prize and Highly Commended
- D&AD ‘Little White Lies’ Competition Winner
- D&AD New Blood – Best of Year Awards
- Uncover South West Film Competition – Winner
- Columbia Records The Ting Tings album ‘Sounds from Nowheresville’ – Artwork created by a 2nd Year Student
- Course duration
- 3 Years Full Time
- UCAS Code
- Institution Code
- Home/EU Fees
- £9,000 per annum
Contact admissions on +44 1202 363228