Graphic design is about communicating to inform, educate, entertain, and persuade (or even a combination of all of these). Our graduates go on to play an active role in a wide range of communications business from ad agencies to design houses, publishers to packaging. And many set up their own companies.
Experimentation and discovery are important values on this course. There’s no ‘right answer’ and you’ll be supported to find your own path as you learn more skills. As well as developing creative design strategies, we encourage you to bring your own experiences and interests to your work.
Work with real businesses to develop critical skills
As a graphic designer, you’ll have to make decisions in complex and unpredictable situations. You’ll have to react quickly to new information, evolving briefs and advances in technology. On the course you’ll learn to innovate under pressure and handle issues such as user-centred design, sustainability, emerging technology, service design, information design and interactive design.
You will discover your own approach to visual problem solving and graduate with the technical, critical, and conceptual skills, highly prized by industry.
- 3 Year Degree
- Professional placements
- Trips to London and New York
- Accredited by Creative Skillset
Career Destinations & Alumni
- Senior CGI Designer, The Mill – Los Angeles
- Creative Director, BBC London
- Art Editor, Icon Magazine
- Junior Graphic Designer at Yammayap
- National YCN Student Awards Competition – Commendations
- Design Charts Website – 18th most visited site worldwide for one week in May
- D&AD New Blood: Best of Year Awards and Yellow Pencil Award for Advertising
This course is accredited by Creative Skillset.
- Course duration
- 3 Years Full Time
- UCAS Code
- Institution Code
- Home/EU Fees
- £9,000 per annum
Contact admissions on +44 1202 363228