The university has an international reputation in the film business. Recent graduates have worked on Oscar-winning productions such as the ‘Hurt Locker’, BBC documentaries and dramas, and for major studios such as Dreamworks. AUB even has a branch of Framestore, Europe’s leading special effects company, on campus.
As one of the few courses in the UK with Skillset Accreditation, Film Production gives you practical experience of the many aspects of filmmaking. You’ll learn the skills needed to take on key creative and production roles in both live action drama productions and documentaries.
Practical film skills for a wide range of productions
Creating any sort of film depends on a team of technically gifted individuals working together. You’ll discover the entire process of film production and the relationship between the various roles and stages including designing, editing, sound, cinematography, production and direction.
After Year 1 you’ll specialise in your chosen area and learn the technical and craft skills you need to contribute to visually exciting and engaging films that entertain and challenge audiences.
- 3 Year Degree
- Optional work placement
- 3 film studios, professional filmmaking equipment, editing suites, production hub and recording booths
- Accredited by Creative Skillset
Career Destinations & Alumni
- Simon Beaufoy, writer of 127 Hours and Slumdog Millionaire
- Mark Blaney, producer of Africa United
- 21st Madrid Experimental Cinema Week – The Audience Award
- The Cambridge International Student Film Festival – Best Cinematography at Waterspite Festival
- The National Student Film Festival – Screentest Festival; Best Sci-Fi Fantasy;
- Best Performance (Ensembles); Nominee, Best Production Design, Nominee
- Exposures Film Festival Manchester - Best Screenplay Award Nominee
- Kodak Student Commercial Awards – Third Place Overall; Best in Brief Award- 1st Place, Best Cinematography- First Place; Best in Craft Award- 1st Place; Best Script/ Copywriting- 1st Place
- New York City International Film Festival – Best Student Film Award
This course is accredited by Creative Skillset.
We are pleased that the AUB has achieved Candidate Member Status for CILECT (The International Association of Film and TV Schools)
- Course duration
- 3 Years Full Time
- UCAS Code
- Institution Code
- Home/EU Fees
- £9,000 per annum
Contact admissions on +44 1202 363228