From Sept 2013 BA(Hons) Fashion Studies and BA(Hons) Fashion Design and Technology are amalgamated into an overarching BA(Hons) Fashion degree, which offers a unique student experience of diverse fashion practice. Students will have the opportunity to graduate with either a BA(Hons) Fashion award, or one of four specialist named awards; Design, Design Technology, Image and Communication or Product.
This dynamic course gives you the skills needed for a career in the fast moving world of 21st century fashion. Fashion at AUB responds quickly to changing demands and opportunities, we have a reputation for producing ‘industry ready’ graduates. Recent graduates have won work with UK and international brands such as Burberry, Ralph Lauren and Net a Porter.
The global fashion industry depends on individuals who want to make a real difference through their work. You’ll be encouraged to challenge assumptions, think unpredictable thoughts, and take creative risks. You’ll learn craft skills and ways of thinking that shape your own ‘design philosophy’ as you build towards a specialism.
Develop a creative and entrepreneurial outlook
The journey from design to shop window or fashion catwalk is fascinating. You’ll discover the complexities of buying, selling and promotion – and the need to be entrepreneurial.
As you start to specialise and you’ll think about possible careers. Our graduates have found work as designers, pattern cutters, garment technologists, product developers, fashion buyers, merchandisers, promoters and more.
- 3 year degree
- 2-6 month industry engagement experience plus optional placement year
- Trips to Paris and London
Career Destinations & Alumni
- Designer – Lacoste
- Visual Merchandiser – Ralph Lauren
- Senior Assistant Photography and Styling – Burberry
- Studio Producer – Net a Porter
- Marketing Assistant – Top Shop
- Design Assistant – Day Birger et Mikkelsen
- Childrenswear Designer – John Lewis
- London Graduate Fashion Week – Nominations
- British Fashion Council – Warehouse Design Competition Finalist
- Course duration
- 3 Years Full Time
- UCAS Code
- Institution Code
- Home/EU Fees
- £9,000 per annum
Contact admissions on +44 1202 363228