The commercial world relies on powerful imagery to give news stories and brand messages impact. Our students go on to create images for international magazines and newspapers, picture desks, ad agencies, fashion houses, and more.
On this course we aim to develop a visually expressive generation of fashion, documentary, editorial, portrait and advertising photographers. We’re looking for people who want to push creative boundaries, challenge perceptions and set the agenda for commercial photography.
Create images that change worlds
You’ll gain a broad understanding of photographic practice and theory as we guide you towards a career in the creative industries. You’ll graduate confident in the creative and critical visual language needed to work with teams in your chosen field.
Employment prospects are very good – even before you graduate. In recent years more students have won commissions and published while still on the course. They’ve won prestigious competitions too. Career options are varied; as well as working for major companies many set up their own freelance businesses.
- 3 year degree
- You will have the opportunity to work alongside industry professionals during a period work placement in London and elsewhere
- Trips to New York or London
- Five dedicated photographic studios; colour and black and white darkrooms
- Accredited by Creative Skillset
Career Destinations & Alumni
- Freelance photographers working for Conde Naste, The Guardian and Telegraph Magazine
- Art Partner for L’Oreal – Fashion Photographer
- Giles Duley – Award Winning Photographer covering Humanitarian Projects
- 155th RPS International Print Exhibition – Silver Award
- The Times – Eureka Young Photographer of the Year – Overall and Project Winner
- Association of Photographers Student Awards – Nominations
This course is accredited by Creative Skillset.
- Course duration
- 3 Years Full Time
- UCAS Code
- Institution Code
- Home/EU Fees
- £9,000 per annum
Contact admissions on +44 1202 363228