Architecture shapes the world we live in. This course gives you the skills to create challenging and innovative places. Through a process of ‘making and thinking’ you’ll come to understand works of architecture as places that house our lives and challenge our expectations.
As well as architectural design, you’ll experiment with drawing, photography, printmaking, modelmaking, video and electronic media. You’ll learn the importance of collaboration with other disciplines by working with students from art, design, media and performance.
You’ll travel too. To bring theory alive, you’ll travel to see examples of excellence in architectural design in Britain and beyond. And you’ll be given insights to innovative professional practice through lectures, visits and studio projects led by practicing architects, engineers, and designers.
Majority of our students go onto further education to further their Architectural pathway and complete Part 2 and 3 of their studies.
- 3 Year Degree
- Optional choice to spend one year in industry after completing the degree before going onto the Master of Architecture
- Trips to Venice Architecture Biennale, Barcelona, Rome, Paris and London
- Access to 3D workshops with manual and digital manufacturing equipment
- BA Architecture (Part 1) is accredited by ARB and RIBA
Career Destinations & Alumni
Freelance Architects working at: BrightSpace Architects, Western Design Architects,
- RIBA President’s Medal Student Bronze Award – Nominations
- TRADA – Timber Innovations Award – Shortlisted
- Course duration
- 3 Years Full Time
- UCAS Code
- Institution Code
- Home/EU Fees
- £9,000 per annum
Contact admissions on +44 1202 363228